- (forthcoming) Oana Inel, Sabrina Sauer, and Lora Aroyo. A Study of Narrative Creation by Means of Crowds and Niches. In HCOMP 2018: 6th AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing.
- (forthcoming) Berber Hagedoorn and Sabrina Sauer. The Researcher as Storyteller: Using Digital Tools for Search and Storytelling with Audio-Visual (AV) Materials. In VIEW.
- Nikos Voskarides, Edgar Meij, Ridho Reinanda, Abhinav Khaitan, Miles Osborne, Giorgio Stefanoni, Kambadur Prabhanjan, and Maarten de Rijke. Weakly-supervised Contextualization of Knowledge Graph Facts. In SIGIR 2018: 41st international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval.
- Alexey Borisov, Martijn Wardenaar, Ilya Markov, and Maarten de Rijke. A Click Sequence Model for Web Search. In SIGIR 2018: 41st international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval.
- Sabrina Sauer. Audiovisual Narrative Creation and Creative Retrieval: How Searching for a Story Shapes the Story. In Journal of Science and Technology of the Arts, 9(2), August 2017.
- Nikos Voskarides, Edgar Meij, and Maarten de Rijke. Generating descriptions of entity relationships. In ECIR 2017: 39th European Conference on Information Retrieval, LNCS. Springer, April 2017. PDF
- Sabrina Sauer and Maarten de Rijke. Seeking serendipity. In SIGIR 2016: 39th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval. ACM, July 2016. PDF
- Alexey Borisov, Ilya Markov, Maarten de Rijke, and Pavel Serdyukov. A context-aware time model for web search. In SIGIR 2016: 39th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval. ACM, July 2016. PDF
- Alexey Borisov, Ilya Markov, Maarten de Rijke, and Pavel Serdyukov. A neural click model for web search. In WWW 2016: 25th International World Wide Web Conference, pages 531-541. ACM, April 2016. PDF
- Sauer, S. “User-centered design and search practices: understanding user improvisation to support creative retrieval”, CHIIR 2016 SEADE workshop
- Sauer, S. “Searching for a story: Creative retrieval practices of media professionals”, IAMCR 2016
- Sauer, S. Chapter in handbook on Living lab methodologies, “Governing user innovativeness in living labs: embracing improvisation to realize innovation” (to be published by Springer in the autumn of 2016)
- (Peripheral) Sauer, S. “Material Agency In User-Centred Design Practices: High School Students Improvising (with) Smart Sensor Prototypes” in Digital Culture & Society. Volume 1, Issue 1, Pages 187–210, ISSN (Online) 2364-2122, ISSN (Print) 2364-2114, DOI: 10.14361/dcs-2015-0112, October 2015
- Voskarides, N. et al. “Learning to Explain Entity Relationships in Knowledge Graphs”, DIR 2015. PDF
- 1st co-design/focusgroup session MediaNow (September 2016)
- 20 in-depth interviews with members of the user panel (June 2016)
- 2nd user panel meeting (May 2017)
- RMES lecture Sabrina Sauer, “Serendipitous (re)research: creating narratives about
media events with exploratory search tools & linked data”, 2-3-2017
- Create Salon: Digital Search & Storytelling in History, 9-5-2017
- Serendipitous search practices of media researchers: Developing techniques to elicit ‘the unforeseen’, World Humanities Conference, 6-12 August, 2017
- Getting the Bigger Picture: An Evaluation of Media Exploratory Search and Narrative Creation, DHBenelux, 3-5 July, 2017
- Habit, Craft and Creativity: How digital search habits shape the craft of professional audiovisual storytelling, NECS, 29-June/1-July, 2017
- MediaNow – using a living lab method to understand media professionals’ exploratory search, ICT.Open, 21-22 March 2017
- Living Labs – Channeling serendipity and the unforeseen into ICT innovation, ILPS lunch talk, 7 Oct 2016
- Citizen-driven design in the smart cityHow to govern citizen innovativeness: Six insights. Conference presentation, Design & the City, 19-22 April 2016
- Removing bias from user interaction data. SEA talk, 27 May 2016
- Sound and Vision R&D meeting presentation, 24 May 2016
- Click models for web search and their applications to IR. WSDM 2016 tutorial, 22-25 February 2016
- Click models for web search and their applications. AINL-ISMW FRUCT 2015 tutorial, 9-14 November 2015